You can lose weight and be in control of your own body with the help of some of our best health tips along with a positive attitude. Do not starve yourself. Meals are very important when it comes to maintaining good health and to keep in shape. Plan your meals ahead of time. This way you save yourself from making an unhealthy last minute food choice.
Dieting alone boosts metabolism:
The faster your metabolism revs up the more fat your body burns. While it is true that certain changes in diet like eating a healthy breakfast and eating small meals help in improving metabolism, it is in fact exercise, especially resistance training, which boosts your metabolism by increasing lean muscle tissue that helps burn more calories, even while resting. A pound of muscle uses 35-50 calories per day compared to the same amount of fat that burns 3-6 calories per day.
Skipping meals helps cut calories:
Diets that require a drastic cut in your calorie intake by skipping meals cause your body to eat away lean tissue, which diminishes metabolic processes. When you body does not receive the nutrients and the energy it needs, it slows down everything to conserve energy – the opposite of what you would want to happen.
Lower rate of metabolism is less fat burned. In fact, skipping breakfast on a regular basis has been shown to contribute towards weight gain. There is no miracle drug available to lose weight, and neither is there any short cut. Eat to live, but don’t live to eat’. The fitter you are, the better you feel.
Dieting is suffice; exercise is not necessary:
• To lose weight you need to consume fewer calories than needed. This can be done by adopting a diet plan that reduces total calorie intake (to decrease energy intake without compromising on your health.
• A calorie deficit should also be created by burning calories through increased physical activity (to increase energy expenditure.
Also Read: 5 Amazing Foods to Keep Weight Off
Low carb diet is the fastest way to lose weight:
• Low carb diets make the brain go into survival mode due to the unavailability of glucose. The first solution to a glucose shortage is to turn to its protein supply – the muscles.
• A low carb situation makes your body to cannibalize muscle tissue, making you lose weight. The body will also burn fat but it will do so inefficiently.
• The weight loss will be due to reduced muscle mass and loss of water, both of which are detrimental to your health.
• Once you stop dieting you are more likely to regain all that weight. What you must aim for is fat loss and not weight loss.
The most successful approach to weight loss and weight loss maintenance is to make permanent lifestyle changes that include a healthful eating plan and ample physical activity. Sticking to “diet” per se is not the answer. A healthy lifestyle should allow room for all foods in moderation.