Massage is the manipulation of the deeper layers of muscles and tissues, through various techniques, to enhance better bodily function, reduce muscle tension and aid healing, thereby promoting relaxation and well-being. They carry your burden every day, pamper and rest them one day. Improve circulation and well-being and also strengthen the vital forces of your body.
Fill your body with incredible tone and remove the feeling of fatigue in the legs, general stress and stress. The foot massage, where a lot of active points and reflex zones are concentrated. The whole body is affected, as stimulating the acupuncture of the legs allows many systems of the human body to be involved in the healing process – a scientific fact.
Foot reflexology is an ancient natural therapy which utilizes energy zones on the feet to provide relief for a variety of illnesses as well as to energize the body system. Feet reflexology has been practiced for several thousands of years in China, Egypt and even today, remains a popular and common therapy in Japan, Taiwan, and Asia. It is also rapidly popular in other parts of the world including Europe, Middle East, Australia and US.
The foot massage helps your body combat fatigue, improve circulation, increase metabolism, enhance quality of sleep, reduce topical pains, release and remove toxins, and to generally develop a healthy, clean and more energetic presence. It’s a safe, effective, easiest method to relieve stress. Whether done at a spa by a therapist or at home, here’s how to relax, pamper and rest your feet, one off day.
Also Read: Head Massage And Its Many Benefits
Foot Massage and Reflexology at Home:
• Soak your feet in warm water for about 10 minutes. Add drops of lavender or peppermint oil or bath salts if you wish.
• Dab your feet completely dry before starting a massage.
• Take some cream or oil in your palms. Ensure that your hands are warm. Mineral oil wipes off easily.
• Start stroking the top of the foot (around the arched top surface called the instep), in the toe to ankle direction. Then stroke the soles in the same direction, first gently then with pressure.
• Make circular motions with your thumb and fingers on the sole. Apply more pressure at the heels or ball of the feet. Do not neglect the sides of the feet and start from the top to the heel.
• Hold the foot with one hand and with the other rotates the foot first at the ankle then at the heel. Be gentle and do this at least five times in each direction.
• Knead the sole by holding the foot with one hand and kneading with the closed fist of the other. Focus on the arches and use moderate pressure.
• Then starting with the big toe, roll it between your thumb and forefinger as you slide your fingers down the toe. Apply gentle pressure. Squeeze the top gently for each toe as you move towards the pinky toe.
• Next would be to slide your forefinger in between the toes for about five times for each gap.
• Complete the massage by using the thumbs and fingers again to make circular movements over the sole. End by stroking the sole and the top arched surface of the foot or instep.
• Wipe off the excess cream or oil with a soft towel or a hot/warm towel.
• Put on socks to retain the moisture.
A pedicure is generally followed by a foot massage in salons. Cutting, clipping and cleaning of the nails are some typical procedures that help in preventing ingrown nails, feet odor and infection. Exfoliation also helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and bacteria, which may prevent the development of corns that can be very painful.
The massage also promotes blood circulation in the feet and calves. The lotion and oils used in the massage moisturize and nourish the feet, making them soft and smooth. Many therapists strongly recommend the use of Ayurveda Narayana Tel for a foot massage.
It can reduce foot pain and helps in maintaining the health and performance of the muscles. To maintain feet health, never ignore the feet – use a foot cream or moisturizer to massage the soles, toes and in between areas. Use a crack cream for cracked feet. Wear cotton socks while sleeping at night to lock in the moisture after a foot cream massage.