As time passes, many people do not know the amount of things that our body goes through. Do you know that getting up from a sitting position could be a bone wrenching experience? When knee and joint pains are ignored over a period of time, it can impair your life to a great extent. Immediate attention can clear this problem in no time.
A knee injury can affect any of the ligaments, tendons or fluid-filled sacs that surround your knee joint as well as the bones, cartilage and ligaments that form the joint itself. This type of injury may occur by the repeated overuse or injury of the knee, by the presence of a damaged cartilage under the kneecap or by the buildup of uric acid.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain:
1. Lose that excess weight. Join a gym, go swimming or running. Exercising keeps your body in shape and maintaining a decent weight helps your knees a lot. Don’t let them carry more than they should.
2. Exercise the joints to strengthen the muscles supporting them.This will help in the process of pain alleviation. Stronger muscles mean stronger joints. Some of the most common exercises you can do are swimming, cycling or rowing. These are useful for your health without straining your knees.
3. Buy a good pair of shoes that give support and absorb impact well. Wearing the right shoes help your body maintain its correct walking and standing position, as well as sparing your knees from extra effort.
4. Apply an ice compress over the sore knee for not more than 20 minutes for every hour. You can use Bromelain, which is made from pineapple,a natural anti-inflammatory to speed up healing. For pain relief, take three tablets a day until you have recovered. Bromelain can cause dermatitis in some people, so if the itching begins, stop the dosage immediately.
5. You can also make a warm paste by using wheat, castor and turmeric mixed in goat’s milk on the affected area.