A hand sanitizer is a quick way of getting rid of germs presents on the skin surface. Some commercial hand sanitizer contain toxic ingredients like chiclosin and parabens that can cause abrasive damage to the skin. These toxic substances can cause bacteria resistance, endocrine disruption, reproductive toxicity, immunotoxicity, neurotoxicity, skin irritation and even cancer.
Hence its always better to use natural hand sanitizer that are free from all these harmful substances that can damage our health. Natural Sanitizers are very easy to use and have no side effects. They have both Anti-viral and Anti-fungal properties which prevents infection. The natural hand sanitizers work by removing the outer layer of oil from the skin which prevents the bacteria in the oil from coming in contact with surface.
Let us put together some recipes of natural and effective homemade DIY hand sanitizer that is simple and safe for the family and environment.
Homemade DIY Hand Sanitizer Recipe:
1 # Aloe Vera: Lavender and tea tree oil have anti bacterial & anti fungal properties which work against infections. While Aloe vera has a cooling & hydrating effect on the skin. Almond oil has Vitamin E which acts as a natural preservative.
• Take 1 bowl of aloe vera gel
• Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel extract
• Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil
• Add 30 drops of tea tree oil
• Add ¼ teaspoon of Almond oil
• Mix it well
• Store it in a container in a cool place for about 4-5 days
• Shake the mixture thoroughly before use
2 # Cinnamon Oil: Cinnamon oil is rich in antioxidants whereas eucalyptus oil has eucalyptol as its major compound which is antimicrobial in nature.
• Fill 3/4 of a glass bowl with sterile water
• Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
• Add 10 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
• Add 10 drops each of Rosemary Essential Oil
• Add 10 drops each of Clove Essential Oil
• Add 10 drops each of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
• Add 20 drops of Lemon Essential Oil just for aroma
• Mix all the ingredients thoroughly
• Store this in a spray bottle and apply it to your hands whenever needed