People with chubby faces tend to appear to be overweight even when their body is slim. This is one of the major drawbacks of a chubby face. Additionally, a chubby face makes one look babyish – which is not a very desirable idea, professionally. Yoga is an easy and inexpensive way towards trimming the baby fat on the face. And what’s more, it is safe and can be done within the confines of your home or any other comfortable location as per your liking.
Simha Mudra or the Lion Pose for Slim Face:
This is one of the best yogic postures for slimming the face. Typically, this pose stimulates the entire facial musculature and tones it. It also helps to stretch it.
• Spread a mat and kneel on it.
• Now cross your right ankle with your left one such that you tend to rest on your right heel. Straighten your hands and with splayed fingers place them on your knees respectively.
• Take a deep breath steadily without gulping in air.
• Now drop your jaw and open your mouth wide. Simultaneously, stick your tongue out boldly and downwards towards you chin.
• As you breathe through the mouth, make a sound from your throat which simulates the roar of a lion.
• Change the feet and repeat this at least 4-5 times.
Jivha Bandha or the Locked Tongue Pose for Slim Face:
This is one of the classic poses of yoga, which helps in not only getting a chiseled face but also shapes up the fluffy jaw line. Like the simha mudra, this pose too helps in toning the facial muscles. Jivha bandha also helps in regulating the blood pressure.
Also Read: Top 5 Yoga Poses for Natural Weight Loss
• Spread the mat and sit on it crossed legged in a lotus pose or padmasana. Alternatively, even sukhasana or the common Indian style of sitting on the floor will do.
• Those who are not able to sit down on the floor can sit on a chair.
• The hands can be placed in the lap or on the knees is a relaxed way.
• Now press the tip the tongue against the upper palate.
• With the tongue thus placed, open the mouth completely till you feel and adequate stretch in the region of your face and throat.
• Unlike simha mudra, in this asana one should breathe through the nose.
• Eyes can be kept open or closed.
• Repeat 3-4 times.
Jalandhar Bandha or Chin Lock Yoga for Slim Face:
This is yet another classic yogic pose as mentioned in hatha yoga. Though used for the purpose of meditation in traditional yoga, this pose also facilitates the shaping of the face by contouring the face via toning of the facial and jaw line muscles. This pose also helps those who have a double chin. This asana also regulates thyroid disorders in people.
• Spread the mat and sit on it in lotus pose or in sukhasana as mentioned above.
• Breathe in deeply. Place the hands on your knees and life the shoulders up and tilt the body slightly forwards.
• Now press the chin firmly against the chest or between the two collarbones such that the esophagus is firmly closed.
• Hold the breath as long as you feel comfortable.
• To repeat the asana, lift the head, breathe normally and return to stating position.